Use our new Mussel Pots to create this seafood masterpiece, an ideal dinner party starter or – using the larger pot- a delicious main meal.
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 15 minutes.
You will need:
- 4lbs of live Mussels.
- 6 Tablespoons of butter (sliced).
- 1 ½ cups of dry white wine.
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- A sprinkling of salt.
- 4 shallot onions, finely chopped.
- 1/3 cup of mixed fresh herbs (ie. basil, parsley, chervil) chopped.
- First rinse and scrub mussels under cold water.
- Using a pairing knife, remove beards (the strings that hang from the mussel shells), and discard shells.
- Place the large mussel pot over a medium heat, combine wine, shallots, garlic and salt and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels, and place lid on pot.
- Cook until all the mussels are open – this should take around 5 minutes.
- Stir in the butter and the chopped herbs.
- Remove from the heat.
- Divide the mussels into four of the smaller mussel pots and serve immediately with a wedge of lemon.
You can find our new range of Mussel Pots pictured above, here.